The Verbraucherschutzzentrale is a non-profit association with headquarters in Belgium. It is mainly financed out of public funds.
The objective of the VSZ:
- Consumption-conscious and well informed consumers within the framework of sustainability.
What we want:
- Provide private persons with objective, independent and critical information and advice;
- Exercise consumers' rights and play a role in consumer representation.
Our tasks are:
- Strive for, or intensify cross-border cooperation in consumer affairs;
- Prevent and fight against overindebtedness of private households;
- Give special attention to environment protection, health and social compatibility of products.
The Verbraucherschutzzentrale gives advice, acts as mediator and informs consumers on all consumer relevant topics. This information will help the consumer to make the right decision on his own.
We are independent from the suppliers' side and political parties, but we are not neutral - because consumer interests have absolute priority.
The VSZ employs 14 persons and is divided into three departments: "press, reception and consumer advice", "debt advice" and "VSZ-sustainable development". The highest committee is the general assembly, which meets twice a year. It supervises the administrative council, which is made up of six different members. René Kalfa is the manager of the VSZ.
Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 12:30
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 17:30.